Friday, September 7, 2012

The Atelier (A Room Update)


I really should wait until all the painting is finished and make a far bigger deal of this reveal (actually staging it would be nice), but I just couldn't wait to share my husband's latest  creation for us.  We are loving this desk!  And it was so easy (for me watching from across the room in my big comfy chair). 

My crew just won't get on board with calling this space the atelier, a sweet word inspired by Mariah.  It just has a certain je ne sais quoi (thank you, one year of high school French).  But, sigh, this will always be "the school room." 

A little glimpse at the other side of the room.  I love that the Navigator framed the chalk board so that little hands know where to stop with all the creativity.  I took a tip from Angela on map placement around the thermostat. Oh, and the shameless self-promotion.  The outlet will eventually be brown.





3 comments:

  1. nice!
    been thinking about you a lot lately, dear friend. we need a catch up call soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely lovely. good job, guys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your room!! It makes me want to come and learn something there! :)

    ReplyDelete